St John's church organ was originally built by J.W.Walker in 1906. It was a small two manual tracker instrument positioned in the south chancel aisle. Detailed information is given on this National Pipe Organ Register page.
In 1952 the organ was updated and expanded by N.P.Mander. The original pipework was added to, making a larger, more versatile instrument. The action was changed from tracker to electro-pneumatic which allowed the console to be detached and placed among the choir stalls in the chancel. Detailed information is given on this National Pipe Organ Register page.